*This post contains Amazon Affiliate links. This means if you make a purchase through a link in this post, I earn an affiliate income at no additional cost to you. Thanks for your support.
If you’re looking for a quick and healthy weeknight meal, this is the recipe for you! This vegan coconut curry recipe is healthy, easy, and delicious! Make it on the stove top or in your pressure cooker in minutes!
During the busy week, we’re often scrambling to get a healthy dinner on the table. This vegan coconut curry is ready in under 30 minutes, is loaded with healthy vegetables and proteins, and is made in one pot!
Less clean up and more vegetables, it doesn’t get better than that!
Vegan Coconut Curry Recipe
Whether you’re a vegan or just trying to reduce your meat intake, this meal is perfect for you. You can add any vegetables that you have on hand and adapt it to your personal preference.
This curry contains garbanzo beans which are naturally high in protein and fat. Combined with quinoa, sweet potatoes, and coconut milk, this meal provides a healthy balance of proteins, fat, and complex carbohydrates.
Once you make the base of this curry, all of the add-ins are up to you and your personal preference.
We love to use produce fresh from our garden during the summer. During the winter, when fresh options are limited we eat more frozen organic vegetables.
Eat More Vegetables
If you’re a parent of a toddler or young child, you may be struggling to get them to eat the recommended 1-2 cups of fruits and vegetables per day.
Curries and soups are an excellent option to increase your vegetable intake. After the vegetables are cooked, they blend together very well which makes it difficult to distinguish the different textures and tastes.
Your little one won’t be able to pick it out or even realize that they are eating vegetables.
This is a parenting win!
Pressure Cooker Vegan Coconut Curry
This vegan coconut curry can be prepared in your pressure cooker in under 10 minutes! Also, it’s made from all
Saute for approximately 2 minutes or until the onion is translucent and the garlic is fragrant.
Turn the pressure cooker off, add the remaining ingredients and spices.
Seal the lid and cook on high pressure for 10 minutes.
Quick release the pressure and enjoy!
Stove Top Curry
For a stove top version, you’ll need a 5 quart pot. Sauté the onion and garlic first. Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
Reduce the heat to low and allow it to simmer for approximately 20 minutes.
Serve over rice or quinoa and enjoy!
Vegan Coconut Curry Recipe
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion
- 1 Can Coconut Milk can use lite for fewer calories
- 2 Cans Organic Chickpeas
- 1 Cup Cauliflower
- 1 Large Sweet Potato
- 1 Can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Freshly Ground Ginger
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 2 Tbsp Curry Powder
- 1 tsp Ground Turmeric
- 2 Cups Quinoa or Rice optional
- Dice onion and garlic
- Peel and cut sweet potato into 1 inch cubes
- Heat a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the diced onion and sautee for approximately 3-4 minutes until fragrant and translucent.
- Add the diced garlic and ground ginger and cook for an additional minute.
- Next, add the remaining spices, coconut milk, diced tomatoes, chickpeas, cauliflower, sweet potato, and any additional vegetables. Bring to simmer and cook covered for 20 minutes.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce to heat to low
- Cover and cook for 20 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
- Serve over 1/2 cup of cooked rice or quinoa.
Serve this curry over rice or quinoa, or save some calories and serve with cauliflower rice. To save time during the busy week, try this easy
Add this coconut curry to your weekly meal planning and adapt it each week with whatever vegetables and proteins you have on hand.
If you like this recipe, you’ll also love my favorite vegetarian pumpkin chili.
Pin it for later to save it for a dinner when your in a hurry.
Sign up for the mailing list to stay up to date on all of the latest recipes and healthy lifestyle tips.
*Amazon Affiliate means if you make a purchase through a link in this post, I earn an affiliate income or commission at no additional cost to you. Thanks for your support.
- Ultimate Second Trimester To-Do List You Don’t Want to Miss! - April 6, 2020
- 9 Month Old Milestones: What Your 9 Month Old Should Be Doing - April 1, 2020
- 13 Superfoods For Pregnancy For a Healthy Mom and Baby - March 29, 2020