*This post contains Amazon Affiliate links
If you’re looking for a low-carb holiday side dish, this mashed cauliflower recipe is for you. This pairs perfectly with poultry or meat dishes. Use this recipe to replace mashed potatoes all year round.
I know mashed cauliflower may sound strange and very different than potatoes, but don’t knock it until you try it.
Even the biggest potato lovers will agree this recipe is just as creamy and delicious.
So why eat cauliflower?
Cauliflower is a super food that doesn’t get the hype it deserves.
It is loaded with nutrients including fiber, Vitamin B, antioxidants, and phytonutrients. Cauliflower helps prevent against heart disease, improve digestion, and possibly protect against cancer (MedicalNewsToday).
Also, cauliflower is lower in carbohydrates than traditional potatoes. This makes it excellent for diabetics or people who are trying to limit their carb intake.
Pressure Cooker Mashed Cauliflower
The best part of this mashed cauliflower recipe is that it can be made in minutes using your pressure cooker. This is so important for busy holidays when stove space is limited.
Simply place the cauliflower in the steaming basket, add 1 cup of water and steam for 3 minutes.
You’ll have perfectly mashable cauliflower almost instantly.
The Secret to Perfect Mashed Cauliflower
The secret to making perfectly creamy cauliflower is an immersion blender or hand mixer. A traditional potato masher won’t cut it. It will leave the cauliflower chunky.
Instead, immersion blenders quickly mash the cauliflower into a delicious dish.
Garlicky Mashed Cauliflower
- Pressure Cooker
- Inversion Blender or Hand Mixer
- 1 Head Cauliflower
- 2 Tbs Butter (Subsitute Vegan Butter)
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3 cloves garlic
Cook Cauliflower in Pressure Cooker
- Chop cauliflower into florets
- Add to Pressure Cooker in steaming basket
- Program Pressure Cooker to steam and cook for 3 minutes
Prepare Cauliflower Without Pressure Cooker
- If you don't have a pressure cooker, bring a medium pot 1/2 filled with water to a boil
- Add cauliflower and cover.
- Steam for approximately 15 minutes or until buttery soft.
- Add garlic, butter, salt, and pepper to cauliflower
- Using a hand mixer or inversion blender mix until creamy
Serve warm and enjoy
Prepare for the holiday season with this healthy pressure cooker garlicky cauliflower recipe. For more holiday recipes, check out this list of 23 healthy holiday side dishes.
Also, make sure to join our mailing list to stay up to date on family-friendly healthy recipes.
*Amazon Affiliate links mean if you make a purchase through a link in this post, I earn an affiliate income at no additional cost to you.
- Ultimate Second Trimester To-Do List You Don’t Want to Miss! - April 6, 2020
- 9 Month Old Milestones: What Your 9 Month Old Should Be Doing - April 1, 2020
- 13 Superfoods For Pregnancy For a Healthy Mom and Baby - March 29, 2020