*This post contains Amazon Affiliate links. That means if you make a purchase through a link in this post, I earn an affiliate income or commission at no additional cost to you.
To me, nothing says summertime like fresh produce. One of my favorite summer vegetables is eggplants. However, getting my family to eat eggplants takes some creativity.
These eggplant pizza bites are the perfect toddler-friendly eggplant recipe.
Your whole family will fall in love with this eggplant recipe that’s topped with marinara sauce and cheese.
What You’ll Need for Kid-Friendly Eggplant Pizza Bites
- Sheet pan
- Parchment Paper
- 1 Large Eggplant cut into 1/2″ slices
- 1 Cup Pizza Sauce- You can make your own or use store-bought
- 1 Tablespoon of Avocado Oil– You can use olive oil, but avocado oil is healthier for baking.
- 1 Cup of Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Additional Pizza Toppings- You can add any of your favorite toppings
How To Make Kid-Friendly Eggplant Pizza Bites
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Slice your eggplant into 1/2″ slices.
3. Place sliced eggplant on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Top with avocado oil, salt, and pepper.
4. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Flip the eggplant bites.
6. Top each eggplant bite with pizza sauce and mozzarella cheese and broil for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Recipe Tips for Eggplant Pizza Recipe
These eggplant pizza bites are best when made and enjoyed fresh. These are a perfect entree for a low-carb pizza night or can make a fun appetizer.
These are great for many diets including clean eating, low-carb, diabetics.
If you have any leftovers, store in an air-tight container and refrigerate for up to 5 days.
You can reheat on the stove, or eat cold.
If you want to make these vegan, simply substitute the mozzarella for a dairy-free cheese.
For really picky toddlers, I recommend you peel the eggplant so the purple crust doesn’t give them away.
Make sure to add toppings your toddler loves including chicken, pepperoni, or keep them plain.
If You Like You’ll Also Love
- 1 Large Eggplant
- 1 Cup Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 Cup Pizza Sauce
- 1 Tbs Avocado Oil
- Preheat Oven to 450F
- Slice eggplant into 1/2" round slices
- Place eggplant slices on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle salt and pepper
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes or until golden brown and softening.
- Flip eggplant bites
- Top each eggplant bite with 2 Tbs of tomato sauce and 2 Tbs Mozarella
- Broil for 5 minutes until cheese is melted
These pizza bites are best served fresh. You can add your favorite pizza toppings including pepperoni, broccoli, chicken, or spinach.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 208Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 397mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 6gSugar: 8gProtein: 9g