If you are looking for a quick and healthy side dish or entree salad, this is the perfect recipe for you! This healthy and easy quinoa salad with chickpeas is ready in minutes and is so easy and delicious!
Quick and healthy meal!
As a working mom, I don’t have hours to spend in the kitchen every day.
Most of my meals are prepared with a toddler in one arm, music playing in the background, and our dog at our feet trying to scarf up any crumbs that may have been dropped.
So when it comes to cooking, quick and easy are always my main goals.
Also, as a health-conscious mom, I always try to cook with superfoods and clean ingredients whenever possible.
I love this quinoa salad because it is made from ingredients that I usually have on hand.
Whenever I have to make a side dish, this is my go-to. Also, I love it over a bed of spinach as a meal.
Garbanzo Beans- Vegetarian on a budget
Garbanzo beans or chickpeas are one of my favorite add-ins for vegetarian meals.
You can buy a can of organic garbanzo beans for about $1 and serve a family of 4! It does not get cheaper than that!
Per serving, garbanzo beans provide about 7 grams of protein. Combined with the protein of quinoa (8 grams per serving), this provides about 1/3 of your daily protein requirement in one meal!
Also, they are high in fiber and low in fat which helps reduce your cholesterol and reduce your risk of heart disease.
Additionally, garbanzo beans are so versatile. They can be added to so many different dishes from Mediterranean
Pressure Cooker Quinoa
As I’ve mentioned before, quinoa is another superfood favorite of mine. Also, quinoa keeps well in the fridge, so you can prepare it ahead of time as part of your weekly meal prep.
If you are new to cooking with quinoa or looking for ways to make it in less time, check out this post on pressure cooker quinoa.
Healthy Quinoa Salad
All you need for this quinoa salad are garbanzo beans, quinoa, a bell pepper, celery, and apple cider vinegar.s
Mix everything together, refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, and enjoy!
Pin it for later!
Easy and Healthy Quinoa Salad
- 1 Cup uncooked Quinoa
- 1 Can Garbanzo Beans
- 1 Medium Bell Pepper
- 1 Celery Stalk
- 1/2 Medium Cucumber
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 2 Tbs Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tbs Lemon Juice
- 1 clove garlic
- Prepare Quinoa in your pressure cooker or stove top according to package instructions
- Rinse and drain garbanzo beans
- Dice bell pepper, celery, and cucumber
- Combine cooked quinoa, garbanzo beans, bell pepper, celery and cucumber in a large bowl
- In a separate bowl mix garlic, vinegar, olive oil, and lemon juice
- Add vinegar mixture to quinoa mixture
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and enjoy!
Be sure to sign up for the mailing list to stay up to date on the latest quick and healthy recipes! Also, follow us on Facebook or Instagram!
*Amazon affiliate marketing means that if you make a purchase through a link on this
- Ultimate Second Trimester To-Do List You Don’t Want to Miss! - April 6, 2020
- 9 Month Old Milestones: What Your 9 Month Old Should Be Doing - April 1, 2020
- 13 Superfoods For Pregnancy For a Healthy Mom and Baby - March 29, 2020